Paying for Care

The cost of your care will vary depending on what type of care and accommodation you need and choose.

Fees are dependent on factors such as:

Type and level of care required

The type of room you choose 

To give you an idea of cost, our care fees range from £600 – £750 per week* for standard ensuite accommodation and personal care.

*figures correct for April 2018. NB. Costs may be higher depending on your individual care needs.

So what is included in the cost? 

24 hour care and support

Utility bills and council tax

Laundry and housekeeping

All meals, snacks and refreshments

Activities and events

All room linen and towels 

Furnishings, TV & fixtures (not TV license fee)

Additional charges are applied to treatments and services such as toiletries, clothing, newspapers, dry cleaning, chiropody, escort duties, hairdressing and aromatherapy.  We will be able to provide details and costs of extra services and information.


Getting financial help 

You may qualify for financial help from your Local Authority for the cost of accommodation and personal care, or from the NHS if your health needs suggest this.  Ask your local authority for a financial assessment before you consider moving into residential care. You may also qualify for further help and  benefits when you are living in a care home. Request help with a ‘benefits check up’ to make sure that you receive all that you are entitled to.

Whatever your financial position, even if your Local Authority is helping with funding, the right to choose is still yours.  If you choose a care home that costs more than a local authority would normally pay to cover your needs, you or a member of your family or your representative will need to pay the difference.  This is known as a ‘top-up’.

We are not able to offer individual financial or legal advice as we believe that it is in your best interest to seek independent advice on such matters as:-

Meeting the long term cost of care

Inheritance tax planning

Estate planning

Lasting & enduring Power of Attorney

Making & writing a will

You may wish to get such advice before entering your chosen care home or a solicitor or financial adviser can visit you once you are in the home.

We also suggest the use of an independent care information service such as Age UK, Eldercare or Careaware.